Friday, May 24, 2013

Favorite Nail Polish

As you will come to find, I am a HUGE nail polish fan. I love painting my nails and practicing my nail art skills. I am in no way a professional, but I AM getting better!  I still don't know how people get those perfect lines around their cuticles, but I guess with practice mine will improve. Here is a list of some of my FAVORITE polishes that I own.

 Maybelline Color Show - Pink Shock
This one was a very pleasant surprise for me. I love some drugstore polishes, but I didn't think this would end up being one of my favorites. I love how it's almost a jelly, but has good coverage. It's one of the only polishes that I own more than one bottle of. It retails for $2.99 most places. Sometimes you can get them 2 for $5 if you watch for sales. (Meijer is having one right now!)

 China Glaze - Flip Flop Fantasy
Flip Flop Fantasy is such a fun summer color! I added some nail art over mine, but it's gorgeous on its own. If you have a Sally Card, you can get it for around $5.50 there. Not a bad deal at all!

 Lush Lacquer - Minty Chip
I am beyond OBSESSED with this indie brand of nail polish! Lush Lacquer has THE BEST polishes, in my opinion. If you are looking for something unique with lots of "glitter", you need to check them out! (I say "glitter" because it's not always sparkly. The "glitter" in Minty Chip is matte and doesn't sparkle. You can see the effect, though.) Their polish retails for $9 for a full size bottle. If you are like me and can't decide on just one, you can purchase mini bottles in any combination of colors you choose! I love that option, and often opt for it. It looks like they are a tad bit backed up at the moment, so if you are impatient and want your bottle NOW, you can find some of their polish on Llarowe.

 KBShimmer - Where My Peeps At?
KBShimmer is another one of my favorite indie brands. Christy's polishes are beyond amazing, and the quality is always phenomenal. They go on smooth and last as long as any polish you would buy at the store. KBShimmer polish retails for $8.75 a bottle.

Forever Polished is a new indie brand for me. I only own two of Ashley's polishes, but I am absolutely floored by the quality of "Cherry". I wore it for four days and it had no chips at all! It also took on this glazed look, and I was asked more than once if I was wearing shellac. I have never had a polish like this one before. I am looking forward to ordering more polish from her! Forever Polished retails for $5-$8 a bottle.

What are your favorite brands of nail polish? Why do you like them?
Comment below and let me know if you have any favorites for me to check out!


No comments:

Post a Comment