Friday, July 19, 2013

Ipsy My Glam bag - July 2013!

Another month...another Ipsy bag!

Ipsy has easily turned into my FAVORITE subscription "box". Even though I don't always love every product each month, I feel like I get the most use out of the products that ipsy sends. Even if it's something I haven't tried before, I always find myself wanting to try everything! Here is what I recieved in my bag this month!

July My Glam bag contents:
  • Healthy Sexy Hair Soy Renewal Beach Spray
  • Coola Rose Essence Tinted Moisturizer
  • BH Cosmetics California Collection Eyeshadow Sample
  • Pop Beauty Pouty Pop Crayon in Fuschia Flirt
  • Nailtini nail polish in Mai Tai

    My thoughts:
    HealthySexyHair Beach Spray
    I haven't had much luck in the past with sea sprays or texturizing sprays, but I decided to give this one a try anyway. It's a great brand so why not! Honestly, it didn't do much for my hair. It looked poofy and messy, but it did give it some volume and texture. I threw some curls in it after it dried and I'm liking the way it looks! 

    Coola Tinted Moisturizer
    I received a sample of Coola from a trade, and I liked it so I was excited when I found out I was getting the tinted version. When it comes out of the tube, it looks promising:
    When I put it on my face, the color just magically disappeared! I didn't want to use a ton of it, because it looked a little oily and I already have very oily skin. So this product was just ok for me. I'll definitely finish the little sample tube of it.

    BH Cosmetics Eyeshadow Sample
    If you know me, you know how much I LOVE my eyeshadow! I love to play with the colors and blend them to make new colors. You can never have enough eyeshadow! I know some people were complaining that the color payoff wasn't very good, but I didn't have any problems with it. I found that applying it with a sponge applicator vs. a brush helped a lot. The color went on more vibrant with a sponge. Another plus is that I am constantly using browns and purples on my brown eyes, so it was a win for me!
    Pop Beauty Pouty Pop Crayon in Fuschia Flirt
    I don't think ipsy understands how many of these crayons/balms/stains I have picked up recently from subs and the store. I'm swimming in lip crayons! I wasn't too excited about this, but I *DID* want to try it! I definitely don't have a color like this. It's basically Barbie pink on my lips! I would have liked it better if it were more fuschia than pink, but what can you do! I'm sure I will find some way to use it!
    Nailtini nail polish in Mai Tai
    I wasn't sure if I was going to keep this or not, but once I saw the color I just had to try it out! It dries a little darker on your fingers than it looks in the bottle. I have to say that even though I'm pretty pale, it looks good on my fingers! I did top it off with a coat of N3 Coral Reef because I can't just wear nail polish without some design or bling!
    Overall - I'm happy with my bag this month! I always think it's well worth the $10 I spend on it. Thanks for another great month, ipsy!

    Here is my completed look using my products from this month!

 What did you get in your ipsy bag this month?? Were you happy?! Comment to let me know!


No comments:

Post a Comment