Sunday, February 2, 2014

Top 5 Favorite Discoveries from Glossybox!

Hello lovely ladies!

I'm back today with some of my very favorite discoveries from one of my subscription boxes - Glossybox! My love for subscription boxes started several years ago when I first heard about Birchbox. I think I saw it in a magazine or something - so I subscribed to Birchbox for a year. I really loved the idea of getting samples in the mail every month! Once my subscription ran out I didn't renew, but ended up getting a 3-month sub gifted to me for Christmas last year. It reignited my love for getting samples in the mail, so I went and searched for other subs like it. Man, was I missing out not knowing that there were TONS of other boxes like Birchbox!

I did a lot of research on which boxes would suit me best, and I decided on Glossybox. I started subbing in March 2013. After a month or so, I was sucked into the subscription box vortex and decided to get ipsy. I received my first ipsy bag in May 2013. So far, I've loved different things about both boxes, even though they are very different. I've discovered some really amazing products in both boxes! Here are my five favorite discoveries from Glossybox!


Price: $21/month
From their website:  "A beautiful box full with beauty treats - GLOSSYBOX is the perfect beauty surprise - for friends, loved ones, even yourself! For $21 per month, you’ll get a beautifully wrapped box containing five deluxe-sized beauty products delivered directly to your doorstep.”
 

NUMBER 5 - TIGI GLOW BLUSH
April 2013
I really like this blush. I wasn't expecting to, but it is actually really pretty. I usually only wear matte blush, and this one has some shimmer to it. I used it a ton this summer.

NUMBER 4 - c.Booth Dry Oil Mist
June 2013
This stuff is AMAZING! Another product I used a ton this past summer. You can spray it on when you get out of the shower and it absorbs quickly. It leaves your skin feeling hydrated and smelling heavenly! I was also excited to find this brand at my nearest Target, so it's affordable and easy to find!


NUMBER 3 - SUE DEVITT TRIPLE C-WEED PRESSED POWDER
August 2013
When I first got this powder and tried it, I really didn't like it. It was much thicker than any other pressed powder I had ever tried. After playing around with it a few times, I realized that on a good skin day I could wear this without any foundation, which was PERFECT for hot summer days! I am now using it to set my under eye concealer on a daily basis. 

NUMBER 2 - BVLGARI EAU PARFUMEE AU THE VERT
October 2013
This may actually be tied with my number one product for most favorite Glossbox find. The only reason it is in the #2 spot is because my number one gets used everyday - and this baby I use only sparingly! I am beyond obsessed with this perfume - it is absolutely perfect! It's main note is green tea, but it also has notes of jasmine, orange, bergamot, and rose. I set up a trade for a second sample bottle - so I have 2 of these little guys hanging around. Just enough for me to save up and buy the full size. (Am I the only one who hates shelling out an arm and a leg for a tiny bottle of perfume?!)

NUMBER ONE - Tarte Lights, Camera, FLASHES mascara
October 2013
Uhg you guys - this MASCARA! I have a love affair with mascara...I want ALL the mascaras all the time. I wasn't sold after my first try, but after a few days of getting used to the brush and applying this, I haven't used another mascara since! I do love my drug store mascaras, too. This stuff is just SO GOOD. I am so glad that they sent us the full size!

So those are my top 5 favorite discoveries from Glossybox so far! I am currently subscribed month-to-month, so we will see what the future holds for me in terms of boxes I will actually buy this year. I WILL say that for me, it seems like the collaboration boxes are definitely the best ones they put out. My 2 favorites so far were the Dallas Shaw box and the Byrdie box. 

Stay tuned for my ipsy favorites!!!

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment