Wednesday, May 29, 2013

May Glossybox - First Impressions

Ahh...Glossybox. I had such high hopes for you! I wanted to try a new (to me) sub, and I had heard such good things. I watched reviews and chose what I thought would be the best box for me. I bought the three month plan, just to be on the safe side. I'm glad I did. I've been pretty underwhelmed for the price. Here is my May box.


Etre Belle – Collagen & Aloe Vera Hydro Mask
This product looks pretty promising. I am a bit concerned about using it because I have very sensitive and acne-prone skin, but I may give it a try. The biggest issue I have with it is that it doesn’t tell you how long to leave it on. Any suggestions?


European Wax Center – Voucher and Body Wash/Body Lotion foil packets
Hmm. First, I was not excited about the foil packets, but I thought, “Ok, I’ll give them a try”. Then I checked the website for the Wax Center locations, and the closest location is almost 300 miles away. Yep, this one was a total fail for me.


Nicka K - Absolute! Solid Perfume Stick in Lux 369
I was kind of excited to get this product. I love solid perfumes, especially when they come in stick form. They are so easy to take with you and simple to apply. I opened it to take a whiff, and the first thing that came to my mind was “Grandma!!” The website describes it as:
Vibrant and radiant, yet soft and feminine. A graceful scent that evokes white floral notes with an underlying refreshing hint of sweet citrus, Lux 369 is flirty, airy and delicate.
Well. I could sense the white floral notes…but no citrus. Maybe it’s just me. Maybe after I wear it I will like it more. I WISH they would have sent me Rhythm 125 – now that one sounds nice!


Sebastian - Volupt Spray spray-gel
Another Sebastian product, yippee. I don’t usually use spray gel, but I might be able to use it during the summer on the days I don’t feel like doing my hair. At least it smells better than the hairspray, which STINKS!


My Prime – Multi Purpose Mattifying Moisturizer
Although most people were under whelmed by the possibility of getting this product, I am actually kind of excited to try it. If you know me, you KNOW I have some oil issues. BLECH, but it’s life. I’m always looking for products to help cut down/tame the oily mess that happens on my face. I did swatch it on my hand, and it feels nice once it dries. It does take a few minutes to dry though. I plan on giving it a try tomorrow!



Amore Pacific – Color Control Cushion Compact
I believe that this was supposed to be the “big ticket item” in this months box. I got number 106 "Almond Blush". Sadly, it’s awfully dark for my skin. It’s also too orange. I read the insert and it sounds like a great product in theory! I just wish that I could try it out.


Overall…it was an ok box. I’m kind of glad it’s my last month of 3. I know that they are hyping up next month’s box and it’s supposed to be “amazing”, but I just don’t want to waste any more money with them. I’m going to take my $21 and get a different sub! Thanks for an ok 3 months GB. I may be back!

What did you guys think of May?
 

No comments:

Post a Comment